Over 400 UNT graduates were added to the President's Community Engagement Honor Roll in May 2014. During their time at UNT, these graduates contributed over 130,000 hours of service to our community. The dollar value of this service is estimated at over $3 million.
Connect. Collaborate. Engage.
The University of North Texas’ Division of Community Engagement provides focus and direction to support the University’s Bold Goal #4:
Establish UNT as a nationally recognized, engaged university and regional leader by building and expanding mutually beneficial partnerships and resources.
Bringing the best of UNT to communities and bringing the best of communities to UNT
UNT’s Division of Community Engagement serves as a catalyst to enhance the quality of life in the North Texas region and beyond with mutually beneficial exchanges of the University’s knowledge and resources to address evolving economic, social, educational, and community needs.
Community Engagement serves as the University’s ambassador promoting community/university partnerships designed to:
- Support student recruitment and retention (volunteerism, service learning);
- Enhance lifelong learning and professional and workforce development;
- Stimulate community-based research and creative activities;
- Engage and endear alumni, retirees, and friends to UNT;
- Celebrate and foster diversity and support for UNT.